Baked Eggs with Six Cheeses
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Italian Seasoning
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, cut into cubes and softened to room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened to room temperature
- 1 16 oz. Container of small curd cottage cheese
- 1 pound of four Mexican cheeses, shredded (I use Sargento)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F…spray a 9″ by 13″ pan with Pam.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs
- Mix in half and half, salt, pepper, sugar, and Italian seasoning. Beat thoroughly
- Beat in softened butter, thoroughly
- Beat in softened cream cheese, thoroughly
- Beat in cottage cheese, thoroughly
- Add four shredded cheeses, top with flour and baking powder, then mix all that in thoroughly
- Pour all into greased pan
- Cook at 350F for approximately 45 minutes or until set and ever so slightly browned around edges. Internal temperature should be 160F.
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes, cut into 8-12 pieces and serve with grilled ham slices.
This recipe may be made the evening before. After pouring in the pan, cover and refrigerate. Pull out of refrigerator while your oven is preheating, and increase cook time to about 1 hour. Check at 45, 50 and 55 minutes for doneness. Internal temp. should be 160F.