Located in Ellicott City between Baltimore, Maryland & Washington D.C.
B&Bs for Veterans
Here’s some great news from the BetterWayToStay.com website:
“Innkeepers want to say thank you to those who’ve served their country by inviting veterans to wake up on 11-11-11 in a B&B. Inns and B&Bs throughout North America will open their doors to active and retired military and vets and one guest by offering a free room to those who’ve served in the military on Thursday, November 10, 2011. While hundreds of inns and B&Bs have signed on to provide rooms, they will be reserved quickly, so review the list below from innkeepers in the U.S. and reserve your room while space is available.
From the entire B&B industry, thank you to all those who are presently serving or have served to protect our freedom.”
Instructions for Vets:
- Vets – please contact the inns and B&Bs directly to reserve your room.
- Rooms are complimentary for Thursday, November 10, 2011 for vets and one guest; most rooms accommodate two guests only.
- Proof of veteran status may be requested.
Vets – please note no fees will be charged for a reserved one-night veteran’s stay but a credit card may be required to book your stay. Credit card or cash may be accepted for add-ons and additional nights. While policies vary from inn to inn, the full rate may be charged if the complimentary room night is not occupied or not canceled in a timely manner according to the inn’s standard reservation practices or cancellation period set for this special event. Please be considerate if your plans change; most inns will have a waiting list for their complimentary rooms, and a proper cancellation will always be filled with a fellow deserving vet.
- Click here to view photos from B&Bs for Vets 2010
- Click here for a complete list of participating Canadian inns and B&Bs
- Click here to view the B&Bs for Vets video from Inn Above Onion Creek
- Click here to view news coverage about the Historic Smithton Inn’s B&Bs for Vets Program
- Click here for the news story about B&Bs for Vets and Azalea Inn
- Click here for the news story about B&Bs for Vets and Seattle House B&B
At this time, The Wayside Inn is completely booked, so please check availability at the other B&Bs in Maryland or call us for a recommendation.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
David and Susan Balderson
The Wayside Inn
Ellicott City, MD
Are you longing for a romantic stay at a bed and breakfast in Ellicott City? Will your retreat include shopping and dining at unique stores and gourmet restaurants? We invite you to The Wayside Inn where relaxation, gourmet breakfasts and access to historic Ellicott City await…